Boca Chica, Dominican Republic

An eagle's eye view of living in the Dominican Republic from someone who actually lives in the Dominican Republic!

For most people, the thought of moving to a "third world country" is daunting. Where do I live? Is it cheap? Is it safe? What will I eat? What is everyday life like? What if I don't speak the language? How will I get around? What if I get sick? So many questions and not enough answers. Oh, there are plenty of websites out there, but do those people actually live there?

So enters the "Dominican Treasures" blog. We actually live in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic. We walk the streets, shop in the shops, eat the food, and are learning the language. Let us show you what living in the Dominican Republic is REALLY like. That way you'll know for sure if it's for you.

As we go about life here we will be updating our blog with pictures and little stories of our everyday lives. Feel free to leave comments or email us with questions. We'd be more than happy to help in any way.

Anthony , Margaret & Adria Gatto

Thursday 10 January 2008

Kingdom Hall


Here is our Kingdom Hall - El Salon Del Reino. Isn't it beautiful?

I would have taken a picture of the service group, but today I was the service group.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!I´m from germany. Can´t believe i found a page of brothers. So nice!!!! I found your page while searching for information about the DR.
I would love to go there for helping temporary where need is greater. Since i met a sister who served in the DR, she really toughed me by telling her experiences about helping there.
I would love to know more about the life and service in the DR and would appreciate every inforation and advice.
katja_k@gmx.net
Katharina

Anonymous said...

Hello I am from the united States. I would like to come and serve
as a regular pioneer in DR. I am thinking about moving there. I was happy to find your web site. My husband and I want to retire there and make the ministry our full time work. I have looke on other sites that recommend places to retire but because they are not in the truth they woul not recognize what our needs are. But your do.
Please write and tell me what the best part of the DR needs
the most help?